- Garden visits are arranged by the society, in the spring and summer months, to private and public gardens throughout Ireland.
- Lectures and workshops are held from September to May in Dublin, Cork, Belfast and other venues.
- Plant sales are organised by the society at various times of year and at different venues throughout Ireland.
- Newsletter is sent to all members three times peryear free of charge and includes news of forthcoming events, future meetings, notes on plants and gardens and book reviews.
- A seed list is published each year. Members can contribute and obtain seed from the list.
- Moorea, the society’s journal, is published periodically and sent to every member during its year of publication. Moorea contains papers on the history of Irish gardens, garden plants, botanical notes and book reviews.
- Special publications are produced by the IGPS from time to time.
- During Covid 19 restrictions there are extra publications of e-bulletins and Newsletters as well as regular Zoom lectures.
- As a result of Brexit and the necessity for Customs checks and phytosanitary certificates the Society has put together an A – Z directory of plant nurseries for the benefit of our members and the nurseries. This is available at https://irishgardenplantsociety.com/irish-cultivars/buying-plants-in-ireland/
The pamphlet (see below) can be downloaded here: IGPS 2022 members leaflet